5 best practices for customer service for e-commerce
Updated: Dec 15, 2022
Customer service is crucial if you have an online store, it could determine if your customers return or not, so investing and preparing your customer support team will give you great advantages, so we want to share 5 best practices for small e-commerce businesses to keep in mind when dealing with customers. By following these tips, you can ensure that your clients will be happy and loyal to your brand.
1. Respond to customer inquiries as quickly as possible One of the main functions of customer service should be to solve and answer any questions clients may have about your products or services, but a big recommendation is resolving complaints quickly to increase retention and according to Zendesk customer experience trends report 73% of customers chose brands that respond quickly to their inquiries.
2. Be available on multiple channels - chat, phone, email, social media
Customers have to be able to reach you if they have questions about your product or service, being available on multiple channels means that customers can reach you anywhere, anytime. According to Gorgias Live Chat Statistics 38% of customers are likely to buy from a company if they offer live chat because they need to trust the company in order to build a relationship. Providing multiple avenues of communication helps it become easier for customers to do that, leading to a better connection and more confidence in the brand.
3. Follow up with customers after purchase to ensure they're satisfied
Following up with customers after their purchase is an important part of customer service. It helps make sure that the experience was a positive one and that the customers are satisfied with their purchase. After all, when customers feel happy and content with their products and services, they are more likely to be loyal to the brand. Strive to leave your customers feeling just as excited as when they first made the purchase.
4. Have a returns policy that is fair and easy to understand Have a return policy that is as fair and straightforward as possible. No matter what the situation is, offer easy-to-understand instructions on how to make a return – plus, provide free returns so you don't have to worry about paying extra shipping or handling fees. Guarantee that any item can be returned within 30 days of delivery for a full refund; it's just that simple. You might even find the process pleasantly hassle-free!
5. Train your staff well so they can handle customer service inquiries. It's essential to train your staff for customer service inquiries. Doing so will ensure that your valued customers are having their needs fully and satisfactorily met in a timely fashion. A team of well trained staff with the necessary skills and knowledge allows for faster resolution to customer concerns, making them more likely to consider you as their go-to service provider. Invest in training today and reap the rewards tomorrow!
E-commerce store owners wear many hats. One hat you could take off and hand over to specialized professionals is hiring outsourced customer service experts, like nice2chat that way you don't need to spend time training and worrying if your clients are receiving the best service, with experienced agents your clients will have the best customer experience and this can reflect on your sales and in your pocket, by reducing 50% of operative cost.
Customer service is one of the most important aspects of any business. If you want to keep your customers happy and ensure they come back, you need to provide excellent customer service, you'll create lasting relationships with your customers and increase your chances of earning their loyalty.